Download our learning resources to use with a range of audiences. Can you think of a learning resource that would support your group contact us with your suggestions.
- Gilwell milestones – a timeline showing Gilwell’s key developments from 1919 to the present day.
- Scouting milestones – a timeline showing how Scouting has evolved and developed from 1907 and the Brownsea Island Pilot Camp to the present day.
- Uniform timeline – a visual timeline showing the history of the Scout uniform from 1908 to the present day. This resource looks at the changes in uniform for all the youth sections and adult leaders.
- Chief Scouts timeline – from Baden-Powell to Bear Grylls, a visual timeline of our Chief Scouts.
- World Scout Jamboree timeline – shows the date, location, theme and badge for every World Scout Jamboree from Olympia in 1920 the 24th event which will be held in the USA in 2019.
- Guess that badge: Cubs 1916 – when the Cubs programme was formally launched in 1916 there were only 12 badges to work towards. Can you guess the names of the badges and match them with ones from todays programme.
- Guess that badge: Scouts in the First World War – At the outbreak of the First World War it became clear Scouts had the skills to carry out lots of tasks to help out on the home front. Can you guess which badges would teach you these important skills.
- First World War quiz – test your knowledge of the First World War, useful to introduce the topic and assess your audiences understanding of the conflict.
- Guess that badge: Scouts in the Second World War – During the Second World War Scouts carried out a range of tasks from helping evacuees to carrying messages during the Blitz. Their Scout training helped them with this important work. Find out what badges might have given them skills and discover their modern equivalents. We also have leaders notes to help you deliver the activity. To find out more visit our online exhibition on Scouting in the Second World War.
Make a remembrance poppy – Many Scout groups take part in annual remembrance activities. This activity will explore the significance of the red poppy and can be used in conjunction with our other First World War resources.
Scouting in the First World War – Scouts played a crucial role on the Home Front during the First World War. For easy to print photographs and ideas of how to use this topic to inspire learning and engagement activities a supporting downloadable resource pack has been created. Photographs may be reproduced for not-for-profit learning activities, please credit (C) The Scouts Heritage Collection.