Due to changes in Heritage Service staff we aren’t able to recruit new volunteers at the moment. We hope to be able to open up new opportunities in January 2020, please get in touch then.
Get involved in an exciting range of activities as a Heritage Volunteer. Gain an insight into how we manage and care for the 250,000 items in the Heritage Collection. We need your support to help us to document and care for the Collection making more accessible for our users and preserving it for future generations.
The Heritage Team is looking to recruit volunteers who can work alongside the Heritage Collections Officer to improve collection storage, assist with reconciliation of documentation and help make the collection accessible. Working with the Heritage Team will provide you with transferable skills and experience, and we can promise it will throw up surprises, and fascinating, and sometimes hidden stories.
There are a number of tasks for which we’d like your help!
- An audit of locations and objects.
- Cataloguing (which will involve scanning, object numbering and packing).
- Selecting and digitising works on paper which can be uploaded to the ArtUK website, thereby increasing access to the Collection.
- Data cleaning on the Collections Management Database. In particular working with the acquisition and loan records.
- Repacking/Rehousing objects currently inappropriately stored.
You could work on one task that you have a particular interest in, or spend some time working across several. For more details read our Heritage Collections Volunteer role description. If you think you might be interested in become a Heritage Volunteer please complete our enquiry form and email to email@example.com.
We also have a Heritage Volunteer agreement which all volunteers are asked to sign before starting their role.